Experts believe colour can boost happiness and reduce stress
Ever felt uplifted seeing a colourful rainbow brighten up an otherwise grey sky, or watching a spectacular orange sunset?
Colour plays a big part in our daily lives – from what we wear to the colour of the walls in our homes and offices and the foods we eat.
Colour therapists believe the colours we surround ourselves with have a huge impact on our mood and wellbeing. By choosing the right colours to suit our personalities, experts believe we can not only boost happiness and reduce stress, but we can look and feel younger.
When we see colour, the photoreceptor cells of the retina in our eyes converts the colour into electrical impulses. These impulses then travel to the brain and trigger reactions in the endocrine (hormone release) system, which can have an effect on our emotions, mood, cellular growth and general health. So change the colour of your clothes, paint feature walls in your home or buy a bunch of colourful flowers to boost health, happiness and longevity.
- Surround yourself with red if you want to promote strength, courage and passion about life.
- Opt for orange if you’re seeking clarity, focus and direction.
- Choose yellow to build optimism, joy and self-empowerment and reduce anxiety.
- Green encourages spiritual healing, harmony and trust.
- Pink denotes unconditional love and conveys compassion and forgiveness.
- Blue is the colour of contentment, tranquillity, loyalty and creativity.
- Purple inspires wisdom, motivation and dedication.
To read the original article, click here.
Note: All content and media on the Elevate Dental Richmond website and social media channels are created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.